Adapting Goals and Growing!

After reading some comments, I realize I’ve never actually shown what my fancy machine looks like! So here it is, in all its glory. Someday, I’ll have an even bigger one that can do more than I ever imagined! 🙂

I wanted to increase my embroidery skills by buying a new hoop to allow larger projects as part of my continual learning journey. I was excited to see how far I could push my art and looked forward to the hoop’s arrival, picturing the elaborate patterns and large-scale sculptures I could make. But after receiving it and trying to utilize it with my existing embroidery machine, I ran across a problem. Upon discovering that my specific machine was incompatible with the bigger hoop size, my aspirations of making headway right away were dashed.

Left one is my new hoop, the right one is the one that came with my machine! its a 4×4 working window! Which will have to do for now.

However, I made the decision to change course and establish a new objective for myself rather than moping about the setback. I made the decision to concentrate on growing my audience and improving my abilities with the tools I now have. I was able to see the setback as a chance for personal growth and development rather than as an obstacle to my progress because it caused a perspective change. With well-defined objectives and benchmarks, like reaching a specific quantity of sales, I can strive towards eventually purchasing a more sizable embroidery machine.

3d render illustration of a meter guage with the text word Maximize Your Potential on white background. Dial has min minimum and max maximum level

I used Instagram as a resource when I wanted to look into new channels for sharing my experiences while documenting this educational experience. I kept my audience updated on my goals, challenges, and progress with visually appealing postings and examples.  By pushing myself to share what I’ve learned in new formats, like on social media sites, like Instagram and my personal crafting page @_mama.js, I not only increase my audience but also encourage accountability and a sense of community among crafters. This event serves as a reminder of the value of flexibility, perseverance, and lifelong learning when pursuing one’s passions and objectives.

my crafting instagram! @_mama.js

Happy stitching!