During the course of the semester, we were tasked with engaging within our classroom community. There were several ways in which this could be achieved including commenting on others’ posts, the class discord page, replying to comments, and any other ways in which you were able to help your classmates with the class content for online technology. Over the last few weeks, I have enjoyed reading through posts made by my classmates. Being that I was very new to blogging when we first started it was extremely helpful to gain knowledge and inspiration from everyone’s posts. The wealth of creative minds in this class truly helped me to learn a lot. I also enjoyed seeing everyone’s progress on their learning projects. It helped drive me to try new things and step out of my comfort zone. It was also very informative to read what people had the say about the class content. It gave me a lot of ideas for my future students.

The first example I have for my contributions of class learning is some of the comments I have made. I have also provided links to each of the original posts, which I highly recommend you check out.

Amanda: Feed the Machine

Raisa: Hey, it’s time to crochet!

Megan: Downward (or Upward?) Dog

Chantelle: Métis Beading: The Very Beginning

Cheyenne: Mental Health and Technology – Learning Project post

Another contribution I made to the class learning was on our discord page.

One of the students was asking about adding a contact page to their post. I was able to find a video that outlined the steps that could be done to add this page. I did however, try it on my own page and was unsuccessful, therefore I concluded that it might be specific to which theme you are using. Some themes will have the ability to create a contact page while others will not.

There were a few times in the semester where I replied to comments on my own posts.

Learning Woodworking with Online Magazines

Digital Detective with Maya Ahokas

Finally there was an instance outside of class where I had a classmate reach out to me about the layout of her blog. She was struggling with menus and categories.

We went back and forth on Instagram a few times however, this was only confusing us more. I suggested that we create a zoom meeting so that she could share her screen and we could work through the issue together. We were able to determine that she had been creating pages instead of posts, which we were able to fix!

Overall, the experience of blogging has been very fun and it was helpful to have an engaged classroom.

Thanks for reading my post!