November 17

As school is coming to a end for this semester I feel more and more anxious about everything. I went to my special place to try and boost my spirits but everything was covered in snow so I was unable to walk around and sit on the bench, perhaps they will clear the walkways soon so I can keep enjoying my area and reliving some stress.

I do want to discuss one of the readings I did this week “Schooling and environmental education: contradictions in purpose and practice” there was a specific part in it that I found very interesting and that was with the creation of schools. when they were first made the school’s goal was not to create independent thinkers and to develop their own personality. They were instead all about educating all for a single purpose and to continue the path that the world is on and not break free from the traditions. This was definitely interesting to think about since there are some parents who feel that school should be more about teaching basic knowledge for the students to join the workforce. while there are other parents who want the students to learn new skills and change how the workforce and the world operate. It’s an almost impossible challenge to please everyone.

I also added a little diagram to the jam board showing all the different student presentations and how they connect to myself and each other. I have also started writing my final for this class so I look forward to completing that and wrapping up this semester!

I wasn’t able to read everything that was assigned, I’m simply to overwhelmed with other work, I read as much as I could about Schooling and environmental education: contradictions in purpose and practice it was interesting to learn more about the history and use of environmental education, and never thought about the ideological conflicts that were raised, I look forward to reading more about this.