Math Tips

For math tips my co-op teacher during Math class she used numbers charts from 1-100 and they were laminated and she used glass beads to highlight the numbers on the sheet. The number sheet goes like this let’s say you have your glass bead on number 39 she will ask you to move it to a number 10 less than 39 so you move the glass bead to 29. She also used laminate pieces of paper that had cube blocks on it counting out numbers so the students could use a visual to learn. My co-op teacher also does not force students to do something they cannot or do not want to do and by doing this the student then comes to realize they do want to participate. My co-op teacher has also noticed over the years that not all learners are the same. So that is why she offers many options to allow students to learn.

I chose to use these for math tips because I feel it is important to have many options of ways for kids to learn math because not every child will learn it the same way so it is good to have many option to chose from!