Blog Posts

Culturally Relevant Pedagogy

Cultural pedagogy will be present in my future classroom in multiple ways. I will make sure to educate myself and do my research before hand in order to have a better understanding of different cultures. Including all of the different cultures into my future classroom is very important to me. I want to make sure all of my students are being included at all times and to make them feel like they all belong. No one will be excluded. I would occasionally bring in guest speakers of different cultures to educate students and also myself. Have books, articles, websites included into the class for anyone to access them. My classroom will be very inviting of whom ever wants to be part of it. It does not matter where you come from and who you are, there will always be a place in my room for anyone. Making the classroom a safe place for students who may need more assurance is very important as they will have trust in the teacher and feel like they belong.

As a teacher, I will make sure to contribute to a sense of place in my classroom for my future students. I will make sure that all of my students have a connection to their community and include it into our lessons and assignments in different ways. Creating a safe place for my future students to have open discussions and be able to feel safe to have an opinion about controversial topics is my goal.