October 13

I went back to my special place and it has completely changed and is ready for winter, all the leaves have fallen and all the plants have died and will re-grow next spring, I look forward to coming here in the winter and watching the snow fall.

we got into groups and discussed an environmental issue that we are interested in. One of the group members mentioned drinking water in first nation reserves and how it has become poisoned. because of this they are unable to drink or farm with this water. the other group member talked about deforestation. As for me, the death of the coral reefs has been an interest of mine for a while. recently I learned how important they are to human life. most people believe that trees and plants are what give people and animals air. However; the coral reefs only cover around 0.0025 of the earth’s ocean floor put produce close to HALF of the planet’s oxygen. there are many causes of their deaths but the biggest one is water pollution which is primarily done by large factors. I will discuss it further in my research paper but it is a very important environmental issue that does not get much attention.

I look forward to reading more about different environmental issues this week such as climate change. in the Saskatchewan environmental society they state “In order to stop climate change, fossil fuels worldwide must be phased out by no later than 2070” which is approaching very quickly.