October 20

lately, I have been overwhelmed with school work, my job, and other things happening in my personal life so I apologize if this week’s reflection feels lacking.

As always I went to my special place. not much has changed since it’s gotten colder, however, on the day that I went, it was snowing so it was nice to sit for a bit and watch the snowfall and pile up on the ground. I wasn’t able to stay there for too long since I was not expecting such cold wind! while I was there I did notice a lot of garbage everywhere. I couldn’t see why but I believe it was litter from the nearby parking lot. often people pull in and eat their fast food and throw it out the window when they are done. this would probably be reduced if there was a garbage bin nearby. I felt that tied into what we have been discussing how there are issues and solutions but sadly no easy way for it to be done.

We also had a few readings this week but my favourite was “all about the birds” it talked about how songbirds are decreasing in numbers, it points out the human impacts such as deforestation. but what I was more surprised about was the natural elements of predators. since there are becoming more and more predators such as “cowbirds.” because of the effects that humans have caused, the chances of songbirds repopulating are getting slimmer.

Finally, for next week’s class, I’m making a little presentation about an environmental issue. I have chosen to do the coral reefs, as I talked about last week I feel they are very important and I look forward to making a small presentation to spread awareness about the growing issue.