About Me

Hi all! Welcome here.

To start off, my name is Annissa. I am a 24 year old student in Elementary Education. I am currently located on the traditional lands of Treaty 4 Territory, the original lands of the Cree, Ojibwa, Salteaux, Dakota, Lakota, Nakota and homelands of the Metis Nation. I live with my partner in a small town on the prairies. He is a successful teacher of 7 years and a big inspiration to me. It has taken me a few years to figure out where I was going in terms of my future. When I graduated high-school I set off for the University of Saskatchewan with high hopes and a bit of uncertainty. I struggled in some classes and nothing felt like a great fit. Eventually I left school and moved to London, England as a nanny. There I re-discovered my love for working with children, as I grew closer to three wonderful children. Leaving them was tough, but I know I have finally found the place I am meant to be. My passion is teaching, and it’s a goal that becomes clearer every day I work towards it. I am looking forward to filling my e-portfolio with resources, experiences, stories, and overall my trek through becoming an educator.

The creation of this blog began through my ECS 100 class in 2018 as a way to mark my journey through my continued education experience. However, I want to continue to use this blog to document my accomplishments and challenges throughout the rest of my educational journey. I’m looking forward to seeing my personal and professional growth through this blog.