I really enjoyed my field placement experience, unfortunately it came to an end way too fast due to COVID-19. I was surrounded by many accepting and knowledgeable teachers, and wonderful students. I learned so much from the grade 6/7 split I was placed in. I am very fortunate to have observed two different teachers with very different teaching styles. I was with the first teacher for English and Math, and I was with the second teacher for Arts Ed. Both classrooms have a very different environment and it has been amazing to be apart of both. I learned the importance of being organized and making sure the students are organized as well, also some daily routines that can help the students stay on top of things. I also learned when to give kids freedom and to make their own decisions.

I remember how much fun my elementary school days were and, I hope I brought as much joy to the students as my teachers did for me back in the day. This field experience was very important for my journey to become a teacher. I have begun to familiarize myself in the teaching environment and understand what it takes. I am very excited for the next step in my teaching journey. In my future Physical Education classes, I would like to focus on the fundamentals of movement while also touching on First Nations games and culture. It is important to remember the past and the culture that was on this land before us.