EDTC300,  EDTC300 Posts

Choreographing a dance through code

One thing about me is that I love music and dancing so when I saw they had a coding option that explored my interests it got me hooked. The website Hour of Code allows the viewer to watch tutorials and contains activities that are designed to be engaging and accessible to students of all ages and skill levels. The main thing that I liked about this app is that it seemed beginner level I did not have to have prior knowledge to coding. The app also manages to have a wide variety of different activities making it easier for teachers to tailor the experience to their students’ interests and abilities, making learning more personalized and engaging. Even though it is a fun app the viewer is learning about the world of science and coding making it an overall good learning experience.

In my screenshot I was adding sloths, dogs and ducks and getting them to dance to the song if I can’t have you by Shawn Mendes. I was able to use my creative abilities by dragging and dropping blocks of code to create the programs.

Overall, Hour of Code can be a valuable tool for teachers in the classroom that want to  introduce their students to the world of computer science and coding. This app makes it possible because it provides a fun and accessible way for students to learn key coding concepts and develop valuable skills that could benefit them in the future.

One Comment