EDTC300,  Learning Project EDTC300

Feeling Saucy

I love creamy pasta, and Italian food is always a hit in my household. It was a windy day here in Saskatchewan but is anyone really surprised about that… no really? I did not want to leave my house because I figured I would have blown away and then I wouldn’t have been able to write this blog post for you. I needed some comfort food from Olive Garden and skip the dishes is expensive so I decided it can’t be that hard. So I tempted to make the Olive Garden fettuccine Alfredo sauce recipe. I had a little error which I will explain later but other then that this fettuccine Alfredo recipe will be on repeat in our house. It’s quick and easy to make for  busy weeknights, snowy days, and even date nights in.

I got the Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce recipe from Pinterest, I often find myself using Pinterest as my main source for my cooking recipes because it is reliable, easy to navigate and it has check marks on the recipe part so that I don’t forget anything. While I was making this recipe it called for two tablespoons of flower and that it would thicken up… it was not thickening so I added another two tablespoons of flower. Me not thinking that cheese would also thicken this up along with all the flower I added. Yea a little to thick for my liking but I know it was a learning experience and that I won’t do that again lol.

ps. tastes just as great for leftovers!

• Megan Howatt

I instantly clicked on your post due to the awesome and intriguing title! I love pasta. It is one of my favourite foods. I might have to give this Alfredo sauce a try! Thanks for sharing.

• Chayse Herriges

Hi Jenna!
    I am also doing cooking for my learning project so I was so excited to see this post of yours in the forum. I also use pinterest a lot for finding recipes. What I have learned during my cooking journey this semester is that cornstarch is also used as a thickening agent. I have used 1 TBSP when making sauces and it helps make the perfect consistency. This dish looks so good, I will definitely have to try it! Thank you for sharing!
    Chayse.

• Kylee

Hi Jenna, I too enjoy Olive Garden fettuccine Alfredo and this looks delicious. I love using Pinterest for everything and anything possible as the app is quite user friendly and handy.