EDTC300 Learning Project

Daily Yoga Challenge: Post #5

I am so happy that the break has arrived because it was much-needed. I’ve felt like the past several weeks have been long and busy with work and school. Even though I needed time this week to just to do “nothing,” I knew that having one activity planned for each day was essential for getting me out of the house and doing something! I believe having something to look forward to every day helps to make the day go easier. Because I normally go to the gym on a daily basis, I decided that from Monday to Friday this break, I would do some yoga immediately before I left for the gym or right before I started while I was already there. My goal was to incorporate some new yoga resources, as well as keep track of when I did and did not do yoga! This way I would keep myself in line and have a way to keep track of my resources! Overall, this is what I took away from my week:

Monday– I did my yoga before working out in the gym’s studio room. This took approximately 10 minutes, and I followed a video source that I discovered the night before (10 Minute Morning Yoga). This video was very relaxing for me, and it was a great way to start the week off. This video explained every position and purpose of the exercise. This yoga session was more manageable for me, but it contained several new positions. This is my favourite video resource I’ve used, and I felt nice and stretched for the time I was exercising.

Tuesday– Yoga this day was practiced at home! I brought out my giant blue yoga mat and began creating my own yoga routine. This day, I attempted something new and developed my own yoga session This involved some trial and error considering that I had never done this before. It took around 20 minutes, but I discovered that it was something I loved! Overall, I learned that I should attempt yoga on my own terms more regularly, and maybe even dedicate a week to studying and developing my own yoga exercises!

Wednesday– Yoga was once again practiced on the huge blue mat! This time, I discovered an article that went further into certain positions (Yoga Poses Article). I made an effort to learn about these positions before doing them. This took approximately 30 minutes of my time, but I wanted to focus and answer some of my questions, such as “why am I doing this, this way”. This was more difficult to push through… and I wouldn’t recommend this approach LOL.

Thursday– Let’s just say Thursday was a great reason as to why we all needed a week off. Thursday was just a mess in itself and I did not attempt any yoga.

Friday– I went to the gym early in the morning for some yoga. I did another yoga stretch! I decided to try my own style of yoga again, and it went well. I was so in the zone that I almost completed 30 minutes of yoga! I felt quite calm; however, I think I would want to try some yoga after my exercises because 30 minutes may have been a little too long and left me feeling tired before my actual workout itself.

Overall, this was a necessary getaway from all worries. Even if I was still worried about school or what I had to do at work the following week, an hour or two of just being active throughout a day put my mind at peace for a brief while! I recommend that everyone should engage in at least one exercise every day, like Yoga, to experience a sense of quiet or relaxation that may be effective in our busy lives. After this week, I believe I could do yoga almost every day without it being considered a “weekly challenge”.