EDTC300 Learning Project

Cheers to A New Era of Blogging and Yoga?

Hey Everyone! This is my first post dedicated to me Learning Project. My Learning Project features something I have always had an interest in, but have never pursued: Yoga! As a previous athlete, and still active individual, I have always heard the great benefits of yoga and the raves people have about trying it. I have always been unsure, but now is never too late to give it a try.

My idea for this project came about because of a video, that I came across on my TikTok ForYouPage (of course lol). This video promoted the benefits of yoga, and its ability to ease the mind, yet still improve the bodies fitness and flexibility. This video caught my attention, notonly because of this project, but because these benefits are a reason why I have enjoyed sports all my life…. to be able to challenge the discomfort in life and replace it with something healthy and enjoyable. As I get older, I feel more responsible for my mind and body, so yoga seems like the perfect way to achieve my goals of becoming more flexible and finding an activity that can even ease my mind for just a few moments!

To begin my Learning Project, I downloaded the App Yoga| Mind+Body and created an account. I typed in my goals, and began exploring what the app had to offer. Something great about this app was that you could keep track of your progress. The progress section tracks how many minutes of yoga you completed, as well as the sessions you completed and on which days. This is beneficial because it will help me keep track of my progress and keep me somewhat accountable. As of now, my plan is too keep consistent with this app and incorporate other resources as I go. I hope to gradually have longer sessions, and notice a difference in my flexibility and mind space.

Some goals I want to achieve throughout this project:

• Find less flexible body parts and work on improving the flexibility of them
  • Concentrate on my breathing and relaxation during my sessions
  • Complete and stay focused for a 30 minute Yoga session
  • Learn fundamentals and basics of Yoga, its history and origin (improve Yoga knowledge)

• Uzma

Hey Maya,
    I liked your enthusiasm for practicing yoga, a really healthy option to use your free time. I feel yoga is age- friendly activity, anyone can try with their convenience of time. I agree that its one of the beneficial activities that has many benefits. I would love to follow your yoga journey, keep it up!

Uzma