Community Service

• Special Olympics Figure Skating Program: Every Sunday from October to March I volunteer with the Special Olympics program. I have been doing this for 3 years now! The image below is of one of the participants and I that I often worked one on one with.
  • Fowl suppers at Trinity Lutheran church: I would assist in making the meals and also collect tickets at the front doors. 
  • Program assistant for Skate Regina: Ever since I was 10 years old, I was a program assistant for Skate Regina. I would help the coaches teach their programs. I mainly worked with the young children. Tasks included assisting the children with basic skating movements, taking the children on and off the ice, occasionally drawing circuits, taking attendance, and grabbing toys for the children to play with.
  • Skate Canada challenge: I helped fill holes on the ice surface with snow before it was flooded. I also took part in medal ceremonies where I would present the medal to the winners of that event. 
  • Lindt & Stars on Ice Show: During intermission, I walked down the rows at the Brandt Centre and handed Lindt chocolates to each individual. 
  • Skate Regina competitions: I would assist in presenting medals, taking results for the events from the judges area to the area where results would be processed, and helped at the registration booth to ensure that each athlete was checked in.  
  • Skate Regina ice shows: I helped the young children with their program numbers and was their leader. For the picture day, I led groups to the room that pictures were getting taken in. I also helped the photographer pick poses for the individuals to do. 
  • Skate Regina family day skating: I attended this event hosted by Skate Regina on family day and made sure that the snacks table had snacks on it still. I also went onto the ice surface to make sure nobody was misbehaving. 
  • Cathedral Village Arts Festival for photography: I attended the Cathedral Village Arts Festival and took pictures at it of all the booths. After pictures were taken, I sent them into the program coordinator so that they would be able to use the pictures of their festival for advertising. 
  • School legacy project: In my grade 12 class, there are a select few of us on the legacy project committee. We had a goal to start a legacy at Winston Knoll Collegiate. We donated a table that was built by us, with a plaque for our grad class to the school for outside. As well, each student from our senior class was given the chance to put their handprint on the table. Our ultimate goal was that grad classes at Winston Knoll Collegiate in the following years will join onto the legacy and donate something of their own to Winston Knoll. 
A few of my peers and I that were on the committee in front of the table that we built together.
  • Bright Futures Preschool: I assisted in teaching the young children valuable classroom skills. I took part in the summer camps put on by Bright Futures Preschool and also went to help teach on days that I had off from school.
  • Babysitting for the teachers at Winston Knoll Collegiate during one of the open houses: During the open house at Winston Knoll, many teachers had young children but nobody to watch after them. Therefore, a few of the students at Winston Knoll, including me, got together at Winston Knoll on the night of the open house and watched the teacher’s children. I played games with them and kept them very entertained.