This is only the beginning!

To conclude the first chapter of my learning project, I was able to make a scarf but unfortunately was not able to make mittens (yet). My leaning project allowed me to learn a skill from only using the internet, how cool is that! Although my scarf isn’t considered perfect, I am very proud of it. The number of times I had to unravel my scarf because I “missed a stich” or “stitched two together” is too many to count. Personally, that was a hurdle I had to get over. I am someone who likes things to be perfect and if something isn’t perfect, I will keep trying until it is. I gave myself some grace on this project and although there are many mistakes, I know I will continue to work at this new hobby of mine and I will only get better! Hopefully by the end of this semester I will be able to knit a pair of mittens that I set out to make!

After creating my first scarf (yay me) I decided to head back to the store and purchase another roll of yarn and different needs. As I mentioned in my first blog post, it is suggested that beginners should start with a thicker yarn and thicker needles as it is easier. So for my second time that’s exactly what I did! For this scarf I decided that if I make a mistake I will unravel it and start again. With this being said, I was actually able to teach myself how to fix mistakes by unravelling where the mistake was and then rethreading it. Once I conquer my second scarf I will feel confident enough to start on my mittens! Go check out my twitter @tmckinnonnn and see my second scarf! Thanks for following along!

If anyone is interested in taking up knitting this website is an awesome resource for you to learn! I highly  it 🙂

How to knit for beginners