Who wants to learn how to knit with me! Yahoo

For my learning project I have decided to learn how to knit. My end goal is to be able to knit a pair of mittens. However, I decided to start with something simpler like a scarf. First, I went to the store to buy the supplies that I will need for my project. My supplies consist of knitting needles and yarn. When first entering the store, I was overwhelmed with the selection of yarn and different sizes of needles. Once I decided on a colour and a quick google search to help me differentiate between the sizes of needles, I bought my supplies.

After watching “How to CAST ON Knitting for Total Beginners” I quickly learned that I chose the wrong type of yarn. For beginners they suggest starting with a thicker yarn because it’s easier to hold on too. This was my first little hiccup but I knew I could buy thicker yarn for the next time. First, I had to learn why and what “cast on” meant. Casting on means how to start your knitting project, you decide the width of your scarf and multiply it by 3. Throughout the beginning of this project, I learned many new words and the definitions of them. Although it took a couple tries to prefect my cast ons, I finally was happy with the end result. I cannot wait for the next step to finishing my scarf!