Contributions to my classmates!

Well everyone, we are near the end of our semester! One thing I strongly remember that was said at the beginning of the year was to document your contributions to classmates’ blog posts…. Well here I am looking back trying to sift through people’s blog posts to find my contributions… *Note to self (and future ETC300 students) LISTEN when your prof says this! At the time I thought it would be easy to access my posts but I was greatly mistaken. Although I was lucky enough to find one!

Commenting on blogs and learning project posts unfortunately were not my strong suit. I started the year off commenting and reading other classmates posts but as time went on, I found myself drifting away from replying to these posts. With this being said I was still able to follow along and read them. I became intrigued in other posts because I was so interested and invested to see where my peers were at. One post that I followed along with was Megans. Megan learned how to relearn how to play the piano! I enjoyed how she connected her very first blog post to her last blog post, to play “A Thousand Miles” by Vanessa Carlton on the piano. Jasmine was able to teach herself yoga! I think I connected most to the posts because I also play piano and I recently started to learn yoga!

I think the reason for me straying away from commenting was because my focus became twitter and connecting to people through there. I believe this is because it was always right there at my fingertips (aka my phone). Connecting on twitter had its ups and downs because I was constantly fighting with myself about being online too much. This really put my brain in a pretzel. 

Now onto the Discord group…. Discord has never been something I have used unfortunately. If I am wanting to reach out to another classmate I usually will email them on UR courses. Looking back I regret that decision because I could have met many more people thought our EDTC class. As well as contributed to a smaller group.

My first few posts were about the importance of Orange Shirt Day which included a YouTube video that gave an explanation for anyone who was needed further explanation:

I also gave many resources that are beneficial to new teachers. Some stuff they might know but some stuff they might have not already thought of. Here are a few of my tweets!

In addition to giving resources I was also able to find many resources or different learning strategies through twitter. To add to this, I also received and gave positive comments back to my peers. I needed an art activity for my pre internship and my classmates were able to help me succeed! How cool its that!

Throughout this class I found it a little difficult to create online relationships, however I didn’t find it impossible! I reached out to another student to work on our cyber sleuthing but ended up working with 3 others! Overall I enjoyed making and creating relationships and gaining new resources through twitter. For me this is what worked best for myself and I cannot wait to continue my positive online presence on twitter.

One Comment