Professional Statement

Professional Statement

I have extensive experience and considerable education on children and youths of all ages in Romania and in Canada. From 2003 to 2010, I worked with ice hockey players from 13 to 20 years old as I was coaching in my former Sport Organization in Romania. Also, I collaborated with Romanian Ice Hockey Federation as Assistant Coach of the U18 and U20 Romanian Ice Hockey National Teams. From 2014 to 2019, I worked with Canadian youth and teenagers as a coach with the Moose Jaw Bantam AA Warriors, the Moose Jaw Midget AAA Generals and Prince Albert AAA Midget Mintos.

In 2016, I’ve made the decision to follow a teaching career. Initially I took a Teaching Assistant Position with Saskatchewan River Public School Division as well as applying for a Permanent A Teaching Certificate with the Saskatchewan Professional Teachers Regulatory Board. In November 2017, I was accepted a teaching position as a Physical Education Teacher at Senator Allan Bird Memorial School from Montreal Lake. In this school, I teach Physical Education from Kindergarten to Grade 9, Wellness 10 and Physical Education 20/30 for the High School Students. Entering on the third year, this teaching position has given me the chance to work and to gain experience on the education actual field.

I am confident that a teaching career is the right career path for me because of the long experience and the deep knowledge I have in coaching and teaching. As well, I believe that the  Education at First Nation University will bring me more specific teaching skills and will allow me to develop further as a  professional.