EDTC 300,  Learning Project

Hip-Hoppin Our Way Into the Weekend (Toddler Edition)

This week for our learning project, my toddler and I tried to attempt a Hip-Hop lesson from MihranTV on Youtube. You can follow the link to their video here: MihranTV Hip-Hop Lessons For Toddlers. I have also had the opportunity to film some of the dancing through my iPhone and also was able to edit the video through an extension called Screencastify. If you would like to know more about Screencastify, you can read about it in my blog! Here is the video of my Toddler dancing to MirhanTV video: https://watch.screencastify.com/v/YGYl2F5jBHOCeBaiPDJ0. The overall impression of this dance lesson was that it wasn’t very exciting or eccentric. My three-year-old is almost four and this lesson was fast-paced and not as eye-catching as the prior. My toddle lost interest quicker. There is no music to accompany any of the lesson until near the end of the 13-minute video. Not to mention the girls dancing beside the instructor seemed to be not enjoying the process as well. So overall i would not recommend this to a younger audience, but more so to a kindergarten student. As you can see in the video of my toddler dancing however, he somewhat enjoyed it for a small portion of time, and we learned how to hip and hop. The sound was removed in case of copyright issues. Next week we will try to attempt maybe another Hip-Hop video with more success. Cheers to another weekend!

My name is Jorden Robitaille and I am currently in the Faculty of Education at the University of Regina studying to teach secondary education. I am a wife and a mother of two under the age of two. I reside in a little Saskatchewan village called Caronport. As you explore my e-portfolio it is my hope that you will learn more about the journey that lead me to pursue a career in teaching, that I can share my experiences, development, and achievements in my academic pre-service studies, and a ongoing source to update those that would enjoy following along in my future active teaching profession.

• Kaelyn Hordal

Dance is my thing!! Washed up dancer/instructor in my prime. I’m excited for you! I absolutely love that you are dancing with your toddler-how fun! I am excited to follow you on this journey!

• kad563

This is so fun! i really like how you got your toddler to try. It’s always nice to have a dancing partner even if the dance is too hard. Thanks for sharing Jorden!