Journey Towards Reconciliation

Journey Towards Reconciliation

In my aesthetic representation, I wanted to focus more on residential school. On how the trauma from the residential school have affected the survivors then and now in the present day. I have done a graphic illustration as i am still learning how to do them as i am still learning more and more about residential schools. I first illustrated the residential school of St.Michael’s that was located in Duck Lake, Saskatchewan. Which is just 10 minutes from Rosthern, Saskatchewan (This is where i live). I then illustrated a little girl that is spilt in half. On the one side it’s her traditional self and other side is her at the residential school, and what has happened to her. I then put words in the background to show how some of the survivors have felt and lost during their times at the residential schools. I wanted to keep learning about residential schools as i now many elders that have gone to St.Michael’s, and make sure people continue to learn about residential schools as they affected many people’s lives.