Becoming a Teacher

Becoming a Teacher

The two quotes that stand out to me from the document would be “Teachers have a responsibility to act at all times in a manner that is worthy of this public trust.” and “To conduct all professional relationships in ways that are consistent with principles of equity, fairness and respect for others in accordance with the beliefs of the profession.”

To be a professional means to be prepared, respectful, having a good work ethic, dressing appropriate and many other aspects that are required. Being a teacher, you have to be professional in school and out of school. Making sure you have trust and respect from your students as they will see how you treat them; they will treat you back the same way. Being able to put your own personal problems away when you teaching as your attitude might changes. All the actions you make will reflect on how people see you.

As a student of the Faculty of Education, I believe that I should be showing professionalism that a teacher would have. Making sure I’m organized and dressing appropriate, as of one day I will be going out into the work field to represent being a teacher in Saskatchewan.