Get to Know Me

Get to Know Me

Hello, my name is Kelsey Deptuck and i am in my third year of Elementary Education at the University of Regina! A little about myself is that I am 20 years old and from Rosthern Saskatchewan. I enjoy going to the gym, travelling, which I will be going to Ottawa this month to curl with the University of Regina Cougars team, i’m looking forward to be able to travel again. I also enjoy going for walks with my two dachshunds and taking photos with my disposable camera.

________________

Throughout my years of school, I had many different experiences with technology. In high school, my teachers would use Office PowerPoint and Word to display their work and notes. We also used Chromebooks and the computer lab daily to work on assignments and to gather information. In grade 12, my history teacher used Twitter as a way for us to respond to an article or a question she had put on the whiteboard. I enjoyed using Twitter in this way, as it was something different from just writing down what we thought on a piece of paper. When making presentations for my classes I would use Canva instead of PowerPoint as it has many more features to personal design it. I also use Canva for many other things like making posters, calendars, cards and many more things. in many of my classes i have had to make videos for a projects, which i have used Imovie and flipgrid to make them.In my second year of University, I took ECE 325 and in that class, we learned how to make Bitmoji classrooms. This class was very useful to learn, as I will be using the Bitmoji classroom that I created in my future classroom to help students know what they need to do in that class if it is online.

This is not my first time using WordPress, as I had two other ECS education classes using this site to create a place where I could display my teaching journey and my work. I enjoy making my blog a place where I can express who I am and what I am passionate about. Creating a blog to display your teaching journey is very useful, as you can see where you started and how you changed over the years. It also creates a community of teachers where we can see what each other is passionate about and their journey of becoming a teacher. I hope to continue working on my blog once I become a teacher and I also will continue using Twitter as well. As Twitter is a great place to display what your class is learning and to display your thought with other teachers.