Documentation

Week 4

While doing this week’s task, I noticed quite a few things. First of all, some of the colours being used appeared to combine together easier than others. In the image to the left, I was in the process of drawing out the lines. I noticed that using a small amount of paint was beneficial. For the light yellow, there is a spot that clearly shows that I have used too much paint. This spot looks quite blotchy and does not add a smooth finish.

The image to the right demonstrates the finished product of my creation. The blue and green near the bottom of the page combined nicely together. there appears to be no bleeding and a smooth finish. However, I noticed quite a lot of bleeding into the other colours when the orange paint was used. Perhaps, I might have been using too much paint or added too much water.

While I did mention that combining together is not desired for this week’s creation, I should have been more specific in this statement. Overall, I was hoping for the colours to not bleed together. Additionally, I was hoping that each colour would smoothly combine with the other. After creating this painting, it is quite clear that I need to work on my blending of colours to create a smoother finish.

This week, a main question of mine might be how do the colours combine smoothly together without any obvious lines. I also noticed that my paper began to curl at the corners a lot as my painting dried. I am curious if this occurred due to the amount of paint or water on the paper. I am hopeful that my next creation will not curl at the edges as much.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10