Post #1 – Introduction and Timeline

January 20, 2024 4 By Maddie

At first, I struggled to pick a topic for my learning project, I felt overwhelmed with ideas on different things I wanted to accomplish for this assignment. However, after sitting for a while and thinking about what I truly wanted to do I finally came up with the idea of redoing my basement bathroom. The reason I chose to do this for my learning project is because I thought it would be a fun project to spend my time on, and I could learn a lot about redecorating and fixing up the bathroom with specific tools. The basement bathroom is also considered mine and has not been redone since 2010, so this will be an exciting project for myself and my family!

To plan this learning project out better I created a schedule that will show my timeline, and what I will be doing each week for this learning project! During the week I will be tracking my progress with pictures and videos! At the end of each week, I will update you on how it went, and what my next goal for this project would be!

January 22nd – 28th, 2024: come up with a learning project idea, create a timeline, make a list of items needed to accomplish this goal, and start clearing items out of the bathroom downstairs. *reminder to take a before picture*

January 29th – February 4th, 2024: Deep clean the bathroom from head to toe, shower needs to be the main priority! This week I will be going to look at paint colours and purchasing wallpaper off Amazon!

February 5th – 11th, 2024: finish up the deep clean of the bathroom, start to spackle the holes in the wall, and rip off the current wallpaper on the walls.

February 12th – 18th, 2024: take off baseboards (throw them away), and all of the spackle that was applied the week before, clean the bathroom again and double-check that everything is ready to be painted/applied.

February 19th – 25th, 2024: apply wallpaper to the wall.

February 26th – March 3rd, 2024: Apply primer to cabinets, and begin painting the walls of the bathroom.

March 4th – 10th, 2024: finish painting the walls of the bathroom, and paint the cabinets in the bathroom.

March 11th – 17th, 2024: finish painting cabinets, and apply new baseboards.

March 18th – 24th, 2024: add decorations to the new bathroom! Take the final photo for the bathroom renovation!

March 25th – 31st, 2024: compile all of the photos, videos, and documentation on what I used to renovate the bathroom. This is a good time to make a total as well on how much the whole renovation cost me!

April 1st – 7th, 2024: go over everything, make sure all components are there, and finalize the learning project so it is ready to hand in the following week!

April 8-9th, 2024: HAND IN LEARNING PROJECT!

Overall, this is my timeline for my learning project, I am super excited to see the final results of the bathroom and put all my ideas into real life! I will make sure to document each week how I am doing, and what I am learning, and make sure to take you all along with my learning project journey!