Post #4 – A Spackle Demonstration

February 13, 2024 4 By Maddie

For this week, I decided to use a new tool to help document my renovation progress in my bathroom. This week I did not get the chance to focus on the shower at all because I spackled all the walls and sanded them so they will be ready to paint this weekend! I also did not end up going to co-op and getting my supplies so, I will have to go this upcoming weekend as well. I did have a “lazy” week/weekend and was not productive, which resulted in me having to move my timeline around. On a plus note, I bought a new light fixture for the bathroom, and that will be getting put up soon, so pictures will be coming! I returned the wallpaper as well, and I decided I’m going to paint the entire bathroom (taking an easier approach, because I am not a wallpaper installer lol).

For this week, the new tool I used to help document my progress was timelapse. I have been taking pictures this whole time, so trying a new tool was exciting and something I never thought I would enjoy using. I’ve always seen timelapse as a setting on the camera app on my phone, but I have never really used it, so I had playing around with this! I took a few of the time-lapse clips I took and added them to a YouTube video, the video is attached below!

I enjoyed learning about timelapse, and found this website below interesting and gave a good description of what timelapse truly is, and what its purpose is for.

Time Lapse Cameras Ultimate Guide: How It Works & Top Picks (reolink.com)

I feel like time-lapse could be used in a variety of ways in a classroom setting, and could be a very unique teaching method. For example, a teacher could use a time-lapse video for instructional periods with their students. I know there are times when students can use the fast explanation and a time-lapse video can do just that! I also believe that this would be a fun project for students to create their own time-lapse video for certain science projects that require documentation (older grades). Overall, timelapse is a good camera function that can help with documentation and instructional methods. Also, it is a fun way for students to gain and work on their interdependable and interactional skills. With reference to the SAMR model, timelapse can be used as a substitution for other apps and technology software that can be used within a classroom environment or setting.

This upcoming week I will be focusing on the following tasks: Painting the bathroom, taking a photo of the new light fixture, and putting the new baseboards in. If I am ambitious I will also start painting the cabinets as well! My next post might even feature my new favorite tool: timelapse.

Thanks for listening this week! See ya!