Post #2 – A Cleaning Lesson!

January 29, 2024 2 By Maddie

This week I started focusing on cleaning the bathroom and mainly focusing on the shower because it hasn’t been used in probably over seven years! I started by going into the cleaning blind, but I don’t think that was a smart choice because I was mixing products, I knew nothing about mixing so before continuing the cleaning process, I decided to investigate the best ways to clean a bathroom, and I found bleach was the best product. Here is a photo of my shower being cleaned before I properly educated myself:

I then found a website that explained the dos and don’ts of using bleach within the bathroom and gave me the proper measurements to begin the cleaning process. Here is the link:

How To Clean with Bleach In a Bathroom | Family Handyman

After I read this whole article, I began cleaning with bleach and a scrub brush! The shower was getting clean, but the scrub brush was not doing the justice I wanted it to, so I began researching a more heavy-duty alternative. I found out my grandpa had a pressure washer, so I decided to investigate using a pressure washer to clean the shower. I came across this very helpful resource, that taught me that this will be a very messy process but will make a difference in the cleanliness of the shower.

How to Clean a Bathtub or Shower With a Pressure Washer (thespruce.com)

I will use the pressure washer this weekend, and the next learning post will give another update on how that went! For this week’s post, I also decided to investigate how to remove wallpaper, since my bathroom has some old stuff that needs to be removed! Below are two resources that have taught me so much on how to easily remove wallpaper, I’m excited for this upcoming weekend to test out the tips and tricks I’ve learned to remove wallpaper and use the pressure washer within the shower.

How to Remove Wallpaper – The Home Depot

How to Remove Wallpaper – The Best Way (w/ Steps) (DIY) (familyhandyman.com)