Post #10 – A Breathe of Fresh Air!

April 2, 2024 4 By Maddie

This week was the most relieving and rewarding week of them all! I finished the main work of the bathroom which was everything I planned to fix at the beginning of this learning project. For this week the new addition to the bathroom is the door (I am unbelievably happy for this one to be in lol), and the mirror. The mirror was bought for a good price at Marshall’s, and I am super thrilled with the way it turned out! These two details were the finishing touches to the main work, but I can honestly say I don’t even recognize the bathroom anymore! I am very thrilled with how it turned out, but I am not quite done! I still want to add either some pictures or decorations to the wall in front of the shower. Also, after the learning project is over, I plan to retile the bathroom sink area and front of the shower area. I would have attempted to finish this for the learning project, but I’m so indecisive when it comes to picking tiles out!

Before I keep rambling on about the weekly bathroom renovation update, I want to introduce the new app I used for my digital tool this week: MixCaptions. This app is a caption creator for the different videos you create. Below I added a picture of the little icon that you can find on Apple and can download on most computers I believe!

MixCaptions is an app that allows you to take the videos you have created and add captions to the video, so people can hear/see what you are talking about within that specific video. For me, I took a walk-through video of my bathroom, uploaded it to the app, and pressed generate. The app took about three to five minutes to upload the captions (exactly the way I was speaking) to my video. I wanted to add this because I know how some people are with subtitles, and I thought exploring this app (I found on TikTok) was a great way to create a video with subtitles. To save the video off MixCaptions was very easy and I was able to do it off my phone and my laptop, so this digital tool is useful for both not just a phone or vice versus.

The video above is of two different things. The first part is the video I created with MixCaptions, then the second part is a few up-close pictures of what my video was talking about. I feel like having captions to my videos helps because I tend to talk very fast specifically when I’m vlogging or ranting about different topics. Overall, I enjoyed using MixCaptions and found it a very easy app to use (especially as someone who is not the best with technology). I recommend this if anyone is planning to work with caption creation during this project or in the future when making videos for your classroom.

This week like mentioned above has been the most rewarding and relieving one yet because I am nearly finished (if I do not find cute decor it will be complete right now) I am so excited to create the final video for this renovation and explain to you all the wonderful and amazing things I have learned about technology and the digital world. Thank you for listening and reading this week and I hope you learned a little about MixCaptions and my journey in completing my bathroom renovation.

-Maddie 🙂