Post #9 – Trouble in Paradise

March 27, 2024 0 By Maddie

This week I was able to complete almost everything I wanted to successfully, while also incorporating a new digital tool (I most likely will not be using it again). I was able to finish the baseboards, apply all new hardware, put the cabinets back together, clean the bathroom, and put out décor (like towels, and all my morning routine stuff). I honestly was not sure if I would’ve been able to complete all this, but I did and I am super happy because I have three things left to get done before I can call this learning project complete!

While I was successful in completing my “to-do” list, I was not successful with the digital tool I used for this week which was iMovie. I am not a fan, specifically when using the app on an iPhone. When I initially started using the app, I found adding my videos and photos into it was easy, however editing the videos and pictures on iMovie was not easy. I recommend editing the photos and videos before uploading them to iMovie, so that way you do not have to sit there for hours like I did. I know this could be a problem I am only having, but I thought I would mention it because I was personally unsuccessful with this digital tool.

Another reason iMovie did not work out with me was because when I tried to add audio to the video it would allow me, but the video would be mute. I googled and watched YouTube videos on how to fix it, but nothing would work! I was getting quite frustrated with it, so I just gave up.

I know the video is short, but I have been loving time-lapse to create videos, which ends up shortening the initial video.

Overall, I was happy with the outcome of the video, it just wasn’t as advanced as I thought I was going to make it (sound and captions). However, it did show my progress in my bathroom renovation which is something I am very pleased about!

Below is the iMovie video I created this week for the professional check for my bathroom renovation.

For next week, I will finish setting up the new mirror on the wall and then buy a door and put that up in the bathroom. It has been a long month without the door lol … I will also finalize the decor in the bathroom. This has been one crazy journey and I have learned so much, it is not done yet, but I can see the finish line! Next week I will also introduce another new digital tool!

Thanks for listening again this week, and following along in this bathroom renovation journey.